Alum accepts costuming post

Tiffany DellegattiWest Virginia University alumna will return to her alma mater to teaching costuming in the fall of 2016. Tiffani Delligatti has will join the School of Theatre and Dance as a clinical assistant professor of costuming.

“I applied to WVU, because I knew the department wasn’t afraid of doing interesting, off-the-beaten path type projects, including masks, crafts, and extensive puppetry,” said Delligatti. “That style of theater appeals to the type of projects I like to take on. That also ties into what I am most looking forward to—I can’t wait to see what challenges our student designers come up with, and how to realize them into a theatrical production.”

“We are delighted to have Professor Delligatti join the faculty in the School of Theatre & Dance,” said Director Joshua Williamson. “She brings considerable technical skill and artistry to our costuming program and will help train our students to be competitive nationally in a growing field.”

Delligatti earned her Bachelor of Fine Arts in Design and Technology from WVU in 2009. She later earned a Master of Fine Arts in Costume Design from the University of Connecticut.

She recently taught costuming at Eastern Connecticut State University, covering costume history and costume design for the stage. She’s been an instructor at the Kalamazoo Civic Theatre.

Delligatti has extensive experience in costume construction for regional theatre companies. Most recently, she was first hand for the Summer Stock Theater at Shakespeare and Company. She’s worked for Arkansas Shakespeare, Theatre West Virginia, and Connecticut Repertory.